Eyelash extensions can do wonders to make your eyes pop, enhance your eyeshadow, and give your makeup a fabulous finish. There are many ways to get gorgeously long eyelashes, but the two most popular options are eyelash extensions or false lashes. Whichever one you choose, finding the perfect makeup look to match your luscious lashes is vital.
What Is an Eyelash Extension?
Professional lash extensions are semi-permanent false lashes that are attached to your natural lashes by a trained lash artist. The lashes are glued close to your lash line, so they enhance your natural beauty without the need to apply mascara.
Eyelash Extensions vs. False Lashes
Unlike extensions, false lashes offer a quick, temporary way to achieve fuller or longer lashes. Instead of being permanently stuck to your natural lashes, false lash lines are applied on top of your natural lashes. Although both options are great for enhancing your eye makeup, they have their pros and cons.
Some of the pros of wearing eyelash extensions include:
- They last much longer than false lashes. You only need to get them reapplied once every four or six weeks.
- They won’t come off with makeup remover.
- They can get wet 24-48 hours after application.
Even though lash extensions are great, there are some cons to consider:
- You have to use oil-free makeup. Oil-based makeup products could weaken the glue and make your lashes fall out faster. If you like wearing makeup that contains oil, eyelash extensions might not be the choice for you.
- They can make applying makeup to your upper eye areas tricky, especially if you opt for very long lash extensions.
Compared to wearing lash extensions, false lashes have unique pros:
- You can put them on and take them off whenever you want.
- You only have to put them on after applying eye makeup.
- You can switch up lengths and volumes as often as you like.
- You don’t need to visit a lash artist to get them applied.
Some of the cons include:
- They can’t get wet.
- They don’t last very long.
- They can be tricky to apply yourself.
Best Makeup Ideas for Long Lashes
If you love wearing mascara, eyelash extensions and false lashes are both great ways to make your lashes stand out even more.
Some of the best products to use if you have long lashes include:
- Eyeliner: Dark eyeliners can make your lashes look even thicker and make your natural eye color pop.
- Mascara: After brushing through your lashes with a tight-bristle spoolie, applying mascara can make your lashes look longer and fuller.
- Eyeshadow: Whether you’re going for a smokey eye or a splash of color, choosing a stand-out eyeshadow is a great option to complement your new long and voluminous lashes.
There are no limits to the eyeshadow or makeup looks you can experiment with, no matter how long or thick your lashes are.
Benefits of Scott Barnes False Eyelashes
Scott Barnes has spent years crafting makeup products used by A-list celebrities. If you’re looking at taking your lash game to the next level, check out the Scott Barnes Falsetto Lashes to get your lashes looking longer than ever. If volume lashes are what you’re going for, the Scott Barnes Luscious Lashes collection has a wide range of options to suit every look.
If you’re eager to get your new false lashes to pair with an eye-catchingly gorgeous eyeshadow look, you can browse Scott's dramatic selection of false eyelashes and a variety of eye makeup and other professional cosmetics to find the ideal look for you.