Ready, Set, Met: Here's JLo's Full 2021 Glam Breakdown
Here's JLo's Full 2021 Glam Breakdown
It’s been a whirlwind week with all things Met Gala, but we are back and ready to give you the goods you’ve been waiting for: JLo’s full 2021 glam breakdown. This year’s gala marked the opening of the “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion” exhibit and, as such, this year’s theme paid tribute to American fashion. Jennifer made us all get on the floor when we saw her stomp in that Ralph Lauren high-slit dress. And, obviously, who could forget that now-iconic cowgirl hat? Keep reading for all of the makeup details from JLo’s full 2021 glam breakdown so you can recreate the look yourself.
To prep Jennifer’s skin, we used an arsenal of JLO Beauty skincare products to bring out her most perfect skin for the night. Here’s her exact routine:
- That Limitless Glow. A custom-designed sheet mask for JLo to visibly tighten and lift, this 2-piece mask delivers sublime hydration, luminous brightness, and supernova-level glow.
- That Blockbuster. Next-Jen hyaluronic acid-fueled formula packs continuous hydration, brightening, smoothing, and plumping your look back to superstar glow status.
- That Fresh Take. Mask dark circles, visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles, boost luminosity, and support elasticity.
MAKEUPHere’s what you’re really here for. We broke down all of the products Scott used on Jennifer, including some tips, tricks, and tools to get to the exact Western-inspired perfection Scott whipped up. Heads up: We’ve included the links for where to buy these products, but don’t worry, we don’t make a cent. We’re just here spreading the good word.
- Base: Scott beat Jennifer’s base with Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation to get things started.
- Powder: Then, he topped off the base with Ultra HD Loose Powder in 2 & 3 under the eyes, forehead, and around the mouth.
- Cheeks and Face: He then lightly powdered and added some color, using Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Blurring Powder Foundation with Scott Barnes #68 Foundation Brush.
- Sunkissed Blush: This all started off with Scott Barnes Chic Cheek palette shades Crush N' Blush across the cheeks and nose with a Scott Barnes #68 Foundation Brush. Then, Scott added Bronze-a-rella across the cheeks and nose with Scott Barnes #66 Powder Sheer Brush Finally, Scott put the cherry on top: Red and orange shades from Viseart Editorial brights.
- Contour: Scott cut and toasted Jennifer with his Sculpt & Contour palette using the #66 Powder Sheer and also hit her brows with #59 Lip and Eye Precision Liner.
The pics of JLo hitting the carpet working that high slit had us all saying giddy up, but let’s all admit the next best thing about her look was: that gaze. Here’s how you get it:
- Scott Barnes Atelier palette shades Globetrotter with #63 Eye Winger Brush
- Dayrate from Atelier on her lower lash line
- Candlelight from Glowy and Showy on the inner corner and brow bone using #62 Eye Blender
- Topped off with Ardell individual and single lashes
JLo’s body is legendary, and there’s nothing in the world that can make it better than it already is — except a little bit of her trusty Body Bling, of course. Scott used a mix of Original and Rose Gold Body Bling topped with Original Pave Powder to give JLo her iconic glow, all with the #69 Body Brush.
Scott Barnes Cosmetics
Scott Barnes showed up to give JLo her signature warm, glowy look for this year’s Met Gala and we were not disappointed. And, as you know, this wasn’t his first rodeo with Jennifer. As her makeup artist for over 20 years, Scott has created some of JLo’s most iconic looks, and now, you can make them too.
Scott Barnes’s makeup brand is a love letter he is putting out into the world to share with everyone who wants the opportunity to be the best version of themselves. Everything is made from international ingredients from around the globe and lovingly made in glass bottles, safe both for your face and for the earth. “I want to give sanctity and ritual to what every woman does in front of her own bathroom mirror,” says Barnes, adding, “there was a serious lack of affordable luxury makeup in the market, and I wanted to create makeup that allowed everyone to obtain the highest level of quality they deserve."
To shop all of the Scott Barnes Cosmetics products used on Jennifer Lopez for this year’s Met Gala and even more beautiful finds, head over to scottbarnes.com.